About MeKelly Bardon - Doula in Perth
I Love Sharing My Knowledge & Supporting New Mothers
My time as a qualified breastfeeding Counsellor with the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA), allowed me more opportunities to support many women – hundreds in fact, in their post-partum period.
Skills I love sharing with this generation of mothers.
I believe that pregnancy and birth is a ‘life event’ and not the ‘life threatening’ event portrayed by society and the media, and my ultimate joy is looking into the eyes of a labouring woman and helping her see the strength that is within her – guiding her to believe in herself.
I will encourage you in your decision-making process by providing you with evidence-based research (should you want it) and help you develop the skills and confidence needed to birth your way – whichever way that is.
My purpose is to offer you continuity of care and support throughout your pregnancy and labour with the non- judgemental calm and wisdom, of an older woman, who understands you and your partner’s needs.
A doula will replace the role of the partner
A doula does NOT replace the role of the partner. She’s there to guide and support both mother and partner during the birth process. She plays a supportive role to the couple…Not a starring role!
- Certificate Birth Doula – Australian Doulas – May 2016
- Certificate of Pregnancy Massage – Pregnancy Massage Aust – 2019
- Counsellor with Nursing Mothers’ Association ( ABA) – Jan 1992 -1997
Memberships, Associations, Training & Workshops
- Undisturbed Birth: The Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing -Dr Sarah Buckley, MD – Oct 2019
- Hypnobirthing Australia – Supportive Carer Workshop – Pip Wynn-Owen-May 2019
- Optimal Maternal Positioning (OMP) Workshop – Ginny Phang – May 2019
- Bump to Baby Workshop – Feb 2019
- Effective Doula Support Physiological Birth & Variations – Dr Rachel Reed – July 2018
- Mentor for Student Doulas – Doula Training Academy Perth – 2019 –
- Doula Network Australia Committee Member
- Member Australian Breastfeeding Association 1989-1997
- Birth Educator trainee – Child Birth International (CBI)
- Refresher Doula Training – Doula Training Academy Perth 2019
"Gave me closure on my last birth"
”Thank you so much for yesterday and support throughout the whole pregnancy. You helped me achieve a much more positive birth and also gave me closure on my last! I can’t thank you enough!
You’re truly amazing at what you do!”
Connect With Me
Fill out the form to make an enquiry or ask me any questions you may have.